Ever get really annoyed by some things in VRChat? 🙄 What if a world or friend's model has some annoying particles ✨ or animation that leaves your eyes blind.. Safety limits in VRChat are a bit too strict sometimes, right? 🤔 So what if you had a cute, decorative prop that you can toggle that let you filter out what you want! 👩🏼🚀
🛡️What can it do?
- Protect you from shaders and particles that typically over-render everything
- Filter out non-avatar, non-world, and non-skybox level render queues
- Share the safety experience with an animated dome that you place in the world
- Ensure only you have this "safety effect" by using the helmet mode
- Easy to setup prefabs with one-click toggle in game
🍱What comes in the package?
- Four Dome Prefabs with different styles (hearts, hexagons, triangles, and spritesheet)
- Two Helmet Prefabs with different styles (bubble helmet, invisible helmet)
- Everything you need to get it set up!
- An instruction PDF (also in PNG form) in English and Japanese with pictures
🔍 And if you wanna get a bit technical~
- Three custom shaders I wrote to make this work
- The dome mesh (thanks Shinter)
- FX layers for each variation of dome/helmet, as well as param and menu assets
- Materials and animations for each of the prefab examples
Need help setting it up? 🔧 Have a question or found a bug? 🐞 Want a custom shader? 💜 Please reach out to me!
Please note this is a SHADER setup. As such, you can customize the queues at which it will block and only the screen (avatars, particles, animations, shaders, etc. & not audio) will be affected. Enjoy!!
SafeSpace Unity Package